Reports to: Apprenticeship Manager
Our DevBuilders apprentice program is designed to match client companies looking to build a development team with enthusiastic, high aptitude beginning developers looking for an opportunity to enter the field of software development.
Traits of a Gaslight Apprentice
- You recently completed a coding bootcamp (or have a similar experience level)
- Are self-taught and looking to work your way into full-stack development
- Just graduated with a traditional computer science degree and want hands-on coding experience.
About the program
This is a 6 month paid apprenticeship designed to take you from entry level to productive developer.You'll be working with other apprentices: we've found that developers work best in pairs.An experienced Apprentice Mentor will be working closely with you to help you launch into your software development career. We'll work closely with the client to identify tasks that are the right size for you and the other apprentices to tackle. You'll be doing important, valuable work, but at a pace that allows you to learn along the way.
The selection process
What we've learned from two years of apprenticeship is that enthusiasm and aptitude make the most difference in how likely an apprentice is going to be successful. The aim of the selection process is assess those factors. Here's what the process looks like:
- Watch our Apprenticeship Info Session. It's designed to give you an overview and history of the program and help you figure out if it's a good fit for you.
- Apply to the program here.
Once you submit an application, you will receive an email outlining the next steps. If all goes well, we'll actively be looking to add you to an apprentice team for a client. The schedule for when we ramp up apprentice teams is driven by client opportunities. We'll clearly communicate what we know about the timeline as it develops.
Reach out to us at email@example.com