Reports to: Developer Manager
Developers at Gaslight are consultants as much as hands-on coders. Developers play a significant role in not only building client apps but helping our clients figure out what to build. Developers work closely with designers, collaborating on overall look, feel, usability and flow, as well as code.
Gaslight developers have the power to push for new ideas and help clients understand the value of the work we’re delivering. They’re given great autonomy. Our developers work on small teams, typically with another developer, a designer and the client.
Traits of a Gaslight Developer
- Look forward to digging in and consulting with clients. Helping them identify business problems and figuring out how to solve them with technology and agile work processes.
- Love closely collaborating with developers, designers, clients, and sometimes even copywriters.
- Easily cross the boundaries between front- and back-end development.
- Have experience shipping projects to production, as well as fine-tuning and maintaining those apps.
- Embrace an agile development process, open source tools and Kanban project management.
Given our hands-on approach and the high value we place on in-person collaboration, we’re only entertaining applicants willing to work full-time in our office. Relocation expenses may be available if you’re moving from out of state.
What to Expect
We may not be able to respond individually to every inquiry. If you seem like a good fit | and we're trying to fill a position, we’ll set up a first meeting. | We'll dig into the technical details of your work. Be prepared to talk about your past work experiences. | We'll ask you to do a short exercise demonstrating your skills. In the mean time, go read about our awesome perks and benefits.
We are not actively hiring at this time.
Our team loves making great applications, and we want you to come join us. We’re a small, mighty company with 25 people. Everyone here has a great work-life balance – no burning the midnight oil for billable hours. You’ll receive a competitive salary and generous benefits. Gaslight pays for 100% of your medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage. There’s also a 401k match, catered Friday lunches, and a yearly conference training budget for each employee. Plus, the kitchen is always stocked with snacks, soda, coffee and tea. Casual dress code with flexible work hours. Downtown office with plenty of comfy spaces to work away from your desk.